Monday, May 5, 2014

Breaking New Ground

Because having one flexible gaming mat just isn't enough. Especially when that mat is sized for a diminutive 2.5 by 3.5 foot dining table...

I now have the luxury of a somewhat bigger table, and even though it's not quite 4 by 4, I figured this time I'd just go for my ideal size. 


Above, the mat-to-be is layed out on the floor of my voluminous primary workshop (bedroom). Here's a pro tip: mark out your dimensions on the back of the mat so it's easy to cut it later.


Here is the mat tied out on the floor of my spacious secondary workshop (living room). Here's an amateur tip: go ahead and slather paste and sand over the carefully marked out dimensions you put on before. That way you'll have something to curse about later.


With the previous mat I was having trouble with the flocking mixture coming off of the mat when it was rolled up. I decided to solve that this time by making the mat without flocking. Instead I opted to flood it with a variety of dilute greens and yellows.

And that's pretty much it. The drawback to going without flock is that it now needs a ton of dry-brushing. But I figure that can be a gradual process. Hopefully I'll get to show you the more-or-less finished version in a battle-report soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment